(for portuguese-speaking users) Pode consultar o FAQ aqui.
This laboratory provides remote control of real physics experiments over the Internet. It’s main purposes are:
- to provide e-learning of science (24 hours per day and 7 days a week), by providing real scientific experiments (remotely controlled ) and the tools needed for the subsequent data analysis ,
- to provide to teachers and professors an auxiliary tool based on information and communication technologies for science,
- to motivate students to learn science by showing them real situations that prove the theory,
- to allow the realization of not so safe experiments (e.g. radioactivity), and
- to provide expensive experiments which can not be acquired by a school or institution. Because of this, e-lab is a free, accessible, remotely controlled laboratory and can be accessed by everyone which has a computer with internet.
The main component is e-lab itself.
The support structure starts at the International Portal (this page). From here the user can access the entire e-lab universe:
- Content Management: a wiki-like documentation center that contains articles, protocols and other useful information. Right now, there are two languages available: english and portuguese.
- Fitteia: a web-based fitting tool that can be used to study the experimental data given by an experiment and reach the final result.
- Live video feed.
- Image gallery.
- Remote meetings.
- Youtube Channel!
WHO CAN USE IT?
Please visit the FAQ.